We at St. Andrew's treasure the joyful noises, curious questions, and general feeling of growth and vitality that the children of our parish bring to the community. We consider it a great privilege and responsibility to provide for those children a safe, inviting place where they can be themselves and learn about the unconditional love of God.
ST. ANDREW'S CORE VALUES FOR FORMATION ARE:
- Relationship with God
- Learning our sacred stories, worship, and making disciples
- Connecting through prayer
- Feeling comfortable praying out loud and to start writing personal prayers
- Identity: Who are we?
- Cultivating a sense of Episcopal Identity – What does it mean to be an Episcopalian?
- Beloved child of God
- Connection with Community
- Nurturing relationships within our church community and the surrounding neighborhood
- Fostering mission to the larger community
Here are our main offerings for children:
We offer qualified and compassionate nursery care every Sunday morning for children ages six weeks to four years. From September through May, the nursery is open 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Summer hours are 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. The nursery consists of an infant room and a toddler/preschool room, is staffed by two paid workers and additional volunteers who have been certified through the Safe Church training in accordance with our diocesan policy. Please contact our Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry, Harper Bathel, with any questions or concerns. She can be reached at email@example.com..
For our Children’s Chapel, we utilize the Godly Play method which is an interactive children's Christian formation. This offering uses religious language, parables, sacred stories, silence, and liturgical action to help children become more fully aware of God’s presence in their lives. Children's Chapel starts in the church at 10:15 a.m., as children process from the church into the Auditorium; it ends when the children are returned to their parents during the passing of the peace. Children ages four through ten are encouraged to participate. Children in third grade and above may help as Junior Shepherds, and adults are invited to help as Teachers or Assistants.
CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunday school classes that meet upstairs from 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. from September to May.
- Pre-K4 – 5th grade meet in Room 208 (upstairs)
- Ages 4 and under are welcome in the Nursery for playing and a Gospel activity lesson
We hope that you will join us! Please note that we take some Sundays off during the year, so it is best check the schedule on the link below.
To contact Harper Bathel, Director of Children's and Youth Ministry, email firstname.lastname@example.org.