We at St. Andrew's treasure the joyful noises, curious questions, and general feeling of growth and vitality that the children of our parish bring to the community. We consider it a great privilege and responsibility to provide for those children a safe, inviting place where they can be themselves and learn about the unconditional love of God.
ST. ANDREW'S CORE VALUES FOR FORMATION ARE:
- Relationship with God
- Learning our sacred stories, worship, and making disciples
- Connecting through prayer
- Feeling comfortable praying out loud and to start writing personal prayers
- Identity: Who are we?
- Cultivating a sense of Episcopal Identity – What does it mean to be an Episcopalian?
- Beloved child of God
- Connection with Community
- Nurturing relationships within our church community and the surrounding neighborhood
- Fostering mission to the larger community
Here are our main offerings for children:
We offer qualified and compassionate nursery care every Sunday morning for children ages six weeks to four years. From September through May, the nursery is open 9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Summer hours are 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. The nursery, which consists of an infant room and a toddler/preschool room, is staffed by two paid workers and additional volunteers who have been certified through the Safe Church training in accordance with our diocesan policy. Please contact our Nursery Coordinator, Ashlee Erestain, with any questions or concerns. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our Children’s Chapel, we utilize Godly Play, an interactive method of children's Christian formation. Godly Play uses religious language, parable, sacred story, silence, and liturgical action to help children become more fully aware of God’s presence in their lives. Children's Chapel starts in the church at 10:15 AM, as children process from the church into the Guild Room; it ends when the children are returned to their parents during the passing of the peace. Children ages four through second grade are encouraged to participate. Children in third grade and above may help as Junior Shepherds, and adults are invited to help as teacher assistants or Shepherds.
CHILDREN'S SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunday school classes that meet upstairs from 9:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. from September to May.
- Kindergarten - 1st Grade meet in Room 208
- 2nd - 5th Grade meet in Room 204
- Ages 4 and under are welcome in the Nursery for playing and a Gospel activity lesson.
We hope that you will join us! Please note that we take some Sundays off during the year, so it is best check the schedule on the link below.
To contact Harper Bathel, Director of Children's and Youth Ministry, email email@example.com.