December 8-14, 2019
Second Sunday of Advent (December 8, 2019)
8:00 Holy Eucharist Rite I, Lady Chapel
9:00 Nursery Open
9:15 Adult Forum, Auditorium
Sunday School, Upstairs
10:15 Holy Eucharist Rite II, Church
Children's Chapel (meet in the Narthex)
11:30 Coffee Hour, White Hall
Readings for Sunday, December 8, Second Sunday of Advent
Lay Reader/Chalicer: Billy Gullett
Usher: Will King
Eucharistic Visitor/Recipient: Kay Dahl and Cindy Dillon
Ushers: Nancy King and Bonnie Johnson
Altar Guild: Lida Hudson and Kacky Bryant
Brass Guild: Lida Hudson and Christiane Valone
Linens: Jackie Scott
Nursery Helpers: Tippins Kitchin
Coffee Hour: Altar Guild
- **Trees, Wreaths, and Poinsettias will be available for pick-up on Saturday, December 7, from 9 am-12 noon.**
- Adult Forum: Please join us Sunday morning at 9:15 a.m. in the Auditorium as we continue the Sacred Ground curriculum. The series will conclude next Sunday, December 15.
- Transitions meets on Tuesday, December 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the Guild Room. All are invited to come for an evening of warm conversation, support, and a little laughter and story-telling with the Transitions group. Feel free to bring a friend, and please consider bringing a nonperishable food item. We’ll bless your gift and take it to FoodBank as a token of gratitude for a blessings we enjoy.
- Christmas Pageant: All children and youth participating in the Christmas Pageant, please come to the auditorium following the 10:15 service on Sunday to pick up your costumes. Rehearsals will follow the 10:15 service on December 15 and 22. Adult behind-the-scenes volunteers are most welcome! Contact Sarah Frauenzimmer to volunteer or with questions.
- Contemplative Christmas Service (formerly Blue Christmas) is Sunday, December 15 at 5 p.m. This beautiful service is offered for those who would like a more meditative worship experience at this time of year. It is particularly appropriate for those who are grieving or who have a difficult time at the holidays. Music is provided by the a cappella group Caritas Consort. Come try this lovely, peaceful liturgy!
- Mark you calendar! The Young(ish) Adult Christmas Party is Friday, December 20 at 5:30 p.m. at the home of Andie and John Rohrs. Childcare will be provided at the church. Details to come!
- The Women of St. Andrew's will hold their annual Holiday Luncheon on Sunday, December 22, at the home of Pat Hodge immediately following the 10:15 church service. If you are able, please bring a small appetizer or dessert. All else will be provided. So that we may get an idea of attendance, please sign up outside of White Hall. We look forward to seeing you as we all look forward to an exciting year ahead. The location of the luncheon will be on the sign-up sheet.
HELPING HANDS NEEDED:
- Nursery and Children’s Ministry Volunteers Needed: Are you interested in giving just a little bit of your time to the youngest members of our St. Andrew’s community? We have several openings for teachers and nursery volunteers in the coming months. Please check the calendar on the bulletin board outside White Hall or contact Sarah Frauenzimmer at email@example.com to join this joyful ministry.