Eleventh Sunday After Pentecost (August 25, 2019)
8:00 Holy Eucharist, Rite I, Lady Chapel
10:00 Nursery Open
10:15 Holy Eucharist Rite II, Church
11:30 Coffee Hour, White Hall
Readings for Sunday, August 25, Eleventh Sunday After Pentecost
Lay Reader/Chalicer: Michael Snead
Usher: Will King
Eucharistic Visitor/Recipient: Kay Dahl and Cindy Dillon
Ushers: Dave Branch and Drew Anderson
Altar Guild: Bev Bullock and Hunter Costas
Brass Guild: Pat and Beau Hodge
Linens: Jackie Scott
Flower Delivery: Libby Newswanger
Nursery Helpers: Penny Lewis
Coffee Hour: Kristan Burch
- Please note there will be no Children's Chapel this week. Our Children’s Offerings for ages 4 – 5th grade will resume Sunday, September 8 at our 10:15 a.m. service. Sunday School will kick off for all ages on Sunday, September 15 from 9:15 – 10 a.m.
- EYC Summer Gathering: Join us on Sunday, August 25 from 4 – 6:30 p.m. as we gather at the Benz’s home (6021 River Road, Norfolk) for fellowship and fun on the water. Plan to wear your bathing suit, bring a towel, and a life jacket if you have one. More details to come. Please RSVP to Harper Bathel to let her know if you plan to attend.
- This month’s Vesty Meeting will be held on Monday, August 26 at 6:30 p.m. in White Hall.
- We have begun collecting items for the WSA Book, Bake and Holiday Boutique Sale (B3) coming up in October! You can find a list of everything we are looking for on the St. Andrew’s website. Please leave your donations on the stage in the Auditorium labeled “B3.” Thank you!
- Bishop Candidate Walkabouts will begin on September 5. The Diocese has posted the schedule, as well as the candidate bios on their website. The walkabout closest to us will be Friday, September 6 at 7 p.m. at Galilee, 3928 Pacific Avenue, Virginia Beach.
- Kick off Sunday is just around the corner! Join us on Sunday, September 8 for Sunday School sign-up, the Ministries Fair and continental breakfast beginning at 9 a.m. Our annual Blessing of the Backpacks will be held at the 10:15 a.m. service.
- Our next EYC gathering is Sunday, September 15 from 4-7 p.m. We will head to an Escape Room for this EYC kickoff event. Save the date - more details to follow.
HELPING HANDS NEEDED:
- Nursery Helpers: We need volunteers to assist in the Nursery during the summer months. A sign-up sheet for August and September is on the board outside of White Hall.
- Are you interested in volunteering your time in our Christian Formation programs for the coming year? We have opportunities to work with children, youth, and adults as teachers, assistants, or helping behind the scenes. To learn more, contact Harper at email@example.com.
- Sam's Scarves and Hats Project: Attention knitters, crocheters and loomers! It is probably hard to think about doing anything with yarn during these hot summer months but November will be here before you know it. We are trying to collect 125 hats and scarves to provide for those who have to live outside during the winter. So far we have about 85 hats and only 10 scarves. Scarves should be made with darker yarn (not pastels) and should be about 5 feet in length. Hats should be made to fit both men and women. If you have finished products, you may leave them across from Dennis' office. Questions? Please contact Debbie Black or Deane Sobol. Thank you for the time you give to help others.