January 19-26, 2020
Second Sunday After the Epiphany (January 19, 2020)
8:00 Holy Eucharist Rite I, Lady Chapel
9:45 Nursery Open
10:15 Holy Eucharist Rite II, Church
11:30 Coffee Hour, White Hall
Readings for Sunday, January 19, Second Sunday After the Epiphany
Lay Reader/Chalicer: JJ Jacobson-Allen
Usher: Will King
Lay Reader/Chalicer: Susan Pederson and Robin Brady
Acolytes: Dave Branch's Team
Eucharistic Visitor/Recipient: Deane Sobol and Maggie McGeorge
Ushers: Bill Davis and Penny Lewis
Altar Guild: Cecelia King and Beatrice Gibbs
Brass Guild: Robin and Jim Kruger, and Georg Dahl
Linens: Kacky Bryant
Nursery Helpers: TBD
Coffee Hour: The Women of St. Andrew's
- Please note there is no Adult Forum or Sunday School this Sunday. All of our education offerings will resume next Sunday, January 26.
- Sandwich Ministry: Sandwiches are due in the kitchen by 12 noon on Friday, January 24.
- The Annual White Elephant Gift Swap and Chili Dinner will be Sunday, January 26. A chili dinner will be served followed by a rousing game of Yankee Swap. To play, bring a wrapped gift, something favorite or funny that you are happy to live without. And as they say, "let the games begin.” Dinner starts at 5:30 p.m. Please contact Andie if you are willing to cook chili or cornbread for the dinner!
- 2020 Altar Flowers: It’s that time again – to sign up for altar flowers. If you would like to remember a friend or family members by donating altar flowers, please contact Dennis Sipes. You may also sign up the on the Flowers Sign Up list on the Lay Readers Bulletin Board which is by the office near the back door leading to Sexton’s Alley.
- 2020 Offering Envelopes: There are temporary envelopes available in White Hall. For those who requested offering envelopes for 2020, they have been delayed at the printer and will arrive in January.
- Mark your calendar! On Sunday, February 9 at 3:30 p.m., we will host our annual meal-packing event in partnership with Rise Against Hunger. With friends of all ages we will pack 12,000+ meals to be distributed to school children around the world. The event will feature bluegrass music by the Gospel Lights and friends from the Tidewater Bluegrass Association, and we’ll end with dinner! Fried chicken and mac n’cheese will be provided, please bring a side or dessert to share if you are able!
HELPING HANDS NEEDED:
- Do you have 1-2 commercial (not those with family pictures) Christmas cards left over? Got used Christmas cards that you don't know what to do with? Don't throw them away! Send them to the WSA and we will help to recycle them. Thanks!
- Nursery and Children’s Ministry Volunteers Needed: Are you interested in giving just a little bit of your time to the youngest members of our St. Andrew’s community? We have several openings for nursery volunteers in the coming months. Please check the calendar on the bulletin board outside White Hall or contact Sarah Frauenzimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org to join this joyful ministry.