October 20-26, 2019
Nineteenth Sunday After Pentecost (October 20, 2019)
8:00 Holy Eucharist, Rite I, Lady Chapel
9:00 Parish Stewardship Breakfast and Rector's Forum, White Hall
9:15 Children's Activity, Children's Center
10:15 Holy Eucharist Rite II, Church
Children's Chapel (meet in the Narthex)
11:30 Coffee Hour, White Hall
Readings for Sunday, October 20, Nineteenth Sunday After Pentecost
Lay Reader/Chalicer: JJ Jacobson-Allen
Usher: Will King
Eucharistic Visitor/Recipient: Deane Sobol and Marjorie Downing
Ushers: Deane Sobol and Larry Pasquinelli
Altar Guild: Ellie Ankerson and Beatrice Gibbs
Brass Guild: Robin and Jim Kruger, and Georg Dahl
Linens: Kacky Bryant
Flower Arrangement: Debbie Goode-Jones
Flower Delivery: Libby Newswanger
Nursery Helpers: Jess Sullivan and Rob Smalley
Coffee Hour: Stewardship Breakfast
- We will hold our Stewardship Parish Breakfast and Rector’s Forum on Sunday, October 20 beginning at 9 a.m. in White Hall. We will be reflecting on our Stewardship theme of “We Will, with God’s Help,” which is a response in our Baptismal Covenant. Children are welcome to have breakfast with their families before heading to the Children's Activity.
- No Sunday School on Stewardship Sunday: On Sunday, October 20 at 9:15, instead of Sunday School, children are invited to a Children’s Activity in the Children’s Center (Nursery) while their parents attend the Stewardship Parish Breakfast and Rector’s Forum. Breakfast begins at 9:00 and the children’s activity begins at 9:15.
- Sandwich Ministry: Sandwiches are due by noon on Friday, October 25 in the kitchen.
- Christmas Trees and Wreaths will go on sale in White Hall after the 10:15 service beginning Sunday, October 20. This year we will offer 6-7 foot Frasier Fir trees and Frasier Fir wreaths. You may also pre-order red or white poinsettias. They come in 6", 8", and 10" pots. All orders must be in by November 24. All greenery will be delivered the first Saturday in December, Dec. 7. If you are unable to order after the church service, call the office at 622-5530 and you will be given the number to call for phone orders. Phone orders will be taken with a credit card. All pre-orders must be paid for at the time of ordering.
- EYC is going to glow in the dark Putt-Putt! You are invited for an afternoon of fellowship and fun on Sunday, October 20 from 12 noon – 3 p.m. We will share a meal together and then enjoy a round of glow in the dark Putt-Putt! Drop off and pick up will be by White Hall.
- Our All Saints Weekend (Nov. 2-3) is just around the corner. The Oyster Roast, a wonderful event of fellowship, food, and fun for parishioners of all ages, will be on Saturday, Nov. 2 from 4-6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 and will be on sale with the Christmas trees in White Hall. Childcare for children 12 and under is free; please reserve spots for your children by emailing Sarah Frauenzimmer. Lots of helping hands are needed to make the event a success. Contact Andie if you would like to volunteer!
- Save the Date: EYC goes to Chanco Work Day on Saturday, Nov. 2 , join us for this great day of service to give back to Chanco. We will gather at the church at 8 a.m. and be back by 3 p.m. Remember your closed-toe shoes. Lunch is provided. Parent drivers needed. To RSVP by Friday, October 25 by 10 a.m., please e-mail Sarah Frauenzimmer, Interim Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry.
HELPING HANDS NEEDED:
- Nursery Volunteers: The new sign up is on the bulletin board leading to White Hall for October - December. Please consider signing up!
- All Saint's Silent Auction: We hope to make this year's All Saint's Oyster Roast Silent Auction the best ever and to do that we need your help. What are we looking for? Gift certificates to restaurants, salons, stores, movies. Tickets to sports events. The offering of a weekend getaway (at the beach? in the mountains?). The offering of services e.g. 1/2 day or full day of handy-man work, yard work, house-cleaning. If you are able to donate any of these gifts, please contact Deane Sobol, particularly if it involves obtaining a donation from an organization, restaurant, etc. We would like to avoid having multiple people asking the same organization for donations.