Easter Sunday (April 21, 2019)
8:00 Holy Eucharist, Rite I, Lady Chapel
9:45 Church Mouse Gift Shop open
9:45 Nursery Open
10:15 Children's Chapel, Auditorium
10:15 Holy Eucharist Rite II, Church
Lay Reader/Chalicer: Candice Detloff
Usher: Will and Nancy King
Ushers: Penny Lewis, Molly Dey and Bill Davis
Eucharistic Visitor/Recipient: Karen Mitchell and Phil Hines
Altar Guild: Fran Jacobson and Beatrice Gibbs
- There is NO Sunday School this Sunday, April 21. Sunday School will resume on Sunday, April 28.
- St. Andrew’s Easter Egg Hunt: Join us for our annual egg hunt following the Easter 10:15 a.m. service. Children of all ages are welcome to participate. Please meet at the church entrance for instructions from our Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry, Harper Bathel. * Remember to bring your Easter basket!
- Flowering of the Cross – A tradition on Easter Morning: You are encouraged to bring clipped flowers for the annual practice of flowering the cross at the front doors of our church on Easter Sunday, April 21. Everyone is invited to stop at the cross as you enter for worship and place a flower in the holes of the cross. This symbolizes the joyful celebration of Jesus’ resurrection. Questions? Please contact Harper Bathel.
- Easter Breakfast: Please join us Sunday, April 21 at 9 a.m. in White Hall for our annual Easter morning continental breakfast of hot cross buns, fruit, and gluten free donuts (available upon request). Also, please sign up at the information table in the Auditorium so that we may get a count for planning purposes.
- Sandwich Ministry: Please note that sandwiches are due in the kitchen by noon on Friday, April 26.
- Dining Out for Life: Mark your calendars and let all your friends know - LGBT Life Center will hold their next Dining Out for Life in April. For the group of parishioners who traditionally dine out at Omar’s, this year it will be on Thursday, April 25. Please call Wendy Nuzzo at Omar’s at 622-4990 to reserve a spot for the evening.
- College Care Packages: The Women of St. Andrew’s is collecting goodies for our college students’ final exam care packages. You can donate cash for postage and/or goodies (such as individually wrapped baked goods, nabs, granola bars, nuts, cookies, microwave popcorn, gum and Pop Tarts). Please put your contributions of goodies in the church kitchen no later than Monday, April 22. Our 30+ college students always appreciate this ministry!
- St. Andrew's Spiritual Yoga: Please join us for our next yoga class taught by Brian Dunning next Thursday, April 25 at 1 p.m. in White Hall.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- EYC Goes on a Nature Walk (open to grades 6 – 12): On Sunday, April 28, join us as we take a hike on the Noland Trail in Newport News. We will enjoy a cold treat too. Plan to bring your lunch, a water bottle, and wear a pair of tennis shoes. Please meet in White Hall at 12:00 p.m. Parents, pick up will be in front of White Hall at 3:00 p.m. Questions? Please contact Harper Bathel.
- Youth Sunday is Sunday, May 5 at our 10:15 a.m. service. We're looking for musicians, choristers, artists, readers, ushers, coffee hour entertainers, and more! If your child wishes to participate, please e-mail Harper Bathel and we will choose a role for your child.
- Our Blood Drive is May 8! Save time by making an appointment. You can sign up in White Hall any Sunday between now and the blood drive. But the best way to do this is to download the Red Cross Blood Donor App to your phone (www.redcrossblood.org/blood-donor-app.html). You will find our blood drive and be able to make an easy appointment. You can then manage that appointment if you need to reschedule. Look for more information in the coming weeks!
- Annual Parish Meeting/Parish Life Breakfast: Please mark your calendars to attend the annual Parish Meeting/Parish Life breakfast on Sunday, May 5 at 9 a.m. in White Hall.
- Save the Date for "Dishing Up Stories," an inter-generational event for ALL women of St. Andrew's on May 22 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Details to come, but know that it will be a wonderful event of favorite foods, fellowship, and fun.
- Vacation Bible School Summer 2019! Fondly known as “VBS”, this summer favorite will be Monday, June 24 – Thursday, June 27 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., and is open to rising Kindergarteners thru 5th graders. Adult and youth volunteers that are interested in supporting this vital and fun ministry can contact Harper Bathel. More details coming soon!
HELPING HANDS NEEDED:
- Nursery Volunteers: The new sign up poster is on the bulletin board leading to White Hall for April - June. Please consider signing up. Thank you.
- Our Flower Guild is looking for more flower arrangers. Venessa August and Debbie Goode-Jones, our talented and gracious co-chairs, will provide all of the training and support that you need. The hope is that members of the Guild will be responsible for just one Sunday every eight weeks. Please consider lending your hand to offer beautiful altar flowers to the glory of God! Contact Andie if you are interested.