First Sunday After Pentecost: Trinity Sunday (June 16, 2019)
8:00 Holy Eucharist, Rite I, Lady Chapel
9:00 Nursery Open
10:15 Holy Eucharist Rite II, Church
Lay Reader/Chalicer: JJ Jacobson-Allen
Usher: Will King
Eucharistic Visitor/Recipient: Deane Sobol and Maggie McGeorge
Ushers: Jeff Barnum and George Pegram
Altar Guild: Fran Jacobson and Beatrice Gibbs
Flower Delivery: Aarynn McMahon
- The Inquirers/Membership Class will meet Sunday morning at 9 a.m. in the Guild Room. This offering continues through June 23.
- Summer Choir: Summer choir begins this Sunday, June 16! Interested persons are asked to arrive at 9:30 a.m. for vesting assistance. Warm-up will take place at 9:45 a.m. to run through the hymns of the day. This is a good opportunity to try out the choir with a minimal commitment.
- Sandwich Ministry: Sandwiches are due in the kitchen by noon on Friday, June 21.
- College Scholarships – Everyone Wins! Every St. Andrew’s college student is eligible for a Ridley Scholarship through the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia. It’s need-based, but everyone who files an application properly and who has a 2.5 GPA or better gets an award. Go to www.diosova.org/youth/article289684.htm. But don’t delay! The deadline to apply for the fall semester is June 20.
- Bishop Vaché Scholarship: The Bishop Vaché Scholarships provide funds to assist both low-income and minority undergraduate college students in the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia. First-year students as well as returning college students are welcome to apply. Scholarship awards range from $500 to $2,500 per academic year. 2019 applications are due July 1. Go to www.diosova.org for more information.
- The Church Mouse will be closed on weekdays during the months of June, July, and August. But, you can still find great gifts and accessories every Sunday. Shop the Mouse to support the many activities of the Women of St. Andrew’s.
- Still a Few Spots Open for Vacation Bible School Summer 2019! Fondly known as “VBS”, this summer favorite will be Monday, June 24 – Thursday, June 27 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., and is open to rising Kindergarteners thru 5th graders. Our online registration is open to participants; adults and teens who would like to volunteer for this important ministry, please register here or contact Harper Bathel.
- St. Andrew's Spiritual Yoga: Please join us for our next yoga class taught by Brian Dunning next Thursday, June 20 at 1 p.m. in White Hall.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- The Hampton Roads LGBTQAI Interfaith Group invites you to join with faith groups from all across Hampton Roads for the 7th Annual Interfaith Celebration during Pride Week 2019. The service, which St. Andrew's is helping to sponsor, is on Tuesday, June 18 at 7 p.m. at Coastal Virginia Unitarian Universalist Church (809 S. Military Highway, Virginia Beach). Parishioner Susan Pederson has been a part of the leadership planning team, and she and Andie will be participating.
- Calling all Men of St. Andrew's! Please join us for a Men's Fellowship Night on Thursday, June 27 from 5-6:30 p.m. at Smartmouth Brewery (1309 Raleigh Avenue). Stop by for a beer (or soda) and visit with fellow parishioners! Contact Andie with questions.
HELPING HANDS NEEDED:
- Summer Children’s Activity for ages 4 – 5th grade is offered during the first part of the 10:15 a.m. service in the Auditorium. We are looking for a teacher and an assistant beginning Sunday, June 23 – mid August 2019. This offering is simple. We will share a lesson and activity with you each week where our children will learn about God’s love for them. To volunteer, please sign up with Harper Bathel.
- Summer is here and with summer comes our “Lemonade in the Shade” coffee hour! These coffees are light and refreshing, just right for a summer Sunday. Bring cookies, some fruit, and a soft beverage e.g. lemonade or other fruit drink. Host with another family or friend or parishioner. Lemonade in the Shade will run each Sunday beginning June 16 through September 8. You may sign up on the sheet outside of White Hall.
- Another way to support VBS: Many materials are needed to put on VBS each summer for our children. Consider getting involved by donating an item or several from our “Giving Tree for VBS” that is located on the bulletin board outside of White Hall. Questions or need a supply list, please reach out to Harper Bathel. All items are due by Tuesday, June 18, please label VBS and place them on the table outside White Hall.